Utah Road Trip in Numbers

Several people have expressed their curiosity about the cost of my recent 10-day road trip to Utah. The purpose of the trip was to attend a 4 day orientation for my upcoming internship. I wanted to take advantage of my proximity to the nearby national parks by driving eastward towards Moab.

Here's the the breakdown.

Days: 10
Accommodations: $54
Gas: $230 (this is a rough estimation based on my recollection on how many times I fill up my gas tank)
Miles: 1800
Food: $100, again this is also a rough estimate
Total estimate: $384

Day 1: Cedar Canyon Campground and Cedar Breaks National Monument
Day 2: Capitol Reef National Park, Moab
Day 3: Moab, Arches National Park
Day 4: Moab, Canyonlands National Park
Days 5 - 8: Salt Lake City
Day 9: Stopover in Las Vegas
Day 10: Drive back to Orange County

Although this budget estimation is not 100% accurate, I consider it realistically close.


Comments