New Chapter, New Road Trip

Cedar Breaks Nat'l Monument
What other great way to celebrate the end of one chapter as another one begins with a road trip?

Last tuesday evening was the end of my run at Hoag Hospital in Newport Beach as a nutrition assistant. Although I started to hate the job more and more, I resigned sooner than I wanted to. I had developed some of the best friendships. The hospital itself is an excellent institution, but I was ready to move on to bigger and better things.


The following thursday morning, I left my house with a car full of resources for the next several days which would be spent in Utah. My orientation for my internship would commence the following monday in Salt Lake City.

Cedar Canyon Campground
As I am writing, I am currently sipping locally roasted coffee in the eclectic big town of Moab at Moab Coffee Roasters.

My 3 night stay at the Lazy Lizard Hostel was humble and fantastic. Clean bathrooms and resident cats are enough to make me a satisfied guest. Not to mention the quirky staff and guests. The crowd was predominantly older than the typical hostel crowd, and seem to fall into the archetype of loathing the 9-5 lifestyle.

Here's a run-down of my trip so far...

Day 1
The big drive from Cali to Utah via 15 hwy. Set up camp at Cedars Canyon Campground. Visit Cedars Break National Monument.

Goblin Valley State Park
Day 2
Break down camp. Drive onward to Moab. Visit Capitol Reef National Park and Goblin Valley State Park with stops at Torrey and Panguitch. Not in that order.  Arrived and slept at Lazy Lizard Hostel.

Arches Nat'l Park
Day 3
Hike the day away at Arches National Park.

Day 4
Hike the hell out of Canyonlands National Park. Drive down Potash / hwy 279.


Day 5 (Right now!)
Last day in Moab. Drive out to Salt Lake City.

Farewell Moab! It's been a wonderful and peaceful stay. Til we meet again!

Comments