First 2 days of New Orleans

Day 1

I arrived at the Louis Armstrong Airport 2 days ago at about 2pm, then took a shuttle that dropped me off of Saint Vincent Guest House, where I walked a few minutes to AAE Bourbon House Hostel. I found my hostel easily thanks to my smart phone's GPS.

The front office worker, Shane, was very friendly and showed me around the hostel. Right now I am staying in a 5-bed all female dorm. 
Muffaletta at Butcher

As soon as I got settled, I went off for some grub with a couple of girls who are staying in the same room. 

With original NOLA cuisine on my mind we went to Butcher on Tchoupitoulas Street for a muffaletta sandwich at Shane's suggestion. Afterward we proceeded to Lafayette Square for free outdoor jazz, then onto the heart of the French Quarters, where we ended the night wandering the tacky Bourbon Street.


Day 2

Jackson Sqaure
After enjoying a cup of coffee and parfait from the nearby McDonald's, I walked down Tchoupitoulas Street into the French Quarters. I tagged along with 2 brothers from Boston who went for muffalettas at Market Grocery. Because I had a muffaletta the night before, I regretfully bought a stuffed artichoke.



Jambalaya at Napoleon House
I parted ways with the boys because they were going to the WW2 Museum and I was more interested in exploring the town. I went on to enjoy Jackson Square and also visited St. Louis Cathedral and the historic French Market.

For lunch I ordered Jambalaya and a Pimm's Ginger at Napoleon House Bar and Cafe, which is another historic landmark. Because of the rainy forecast, I went back to the hostel and hung out there for the rest of the night.

Comments