A darker side of traveling

I often get comments about how lucky I am to travel the world, which have been both flattering and annoying. But what people don't realized is that there's an underlying darkness that is commonly shared among long-term travelers. Some take the big risk to traverse the world because they feel that nothing is worth living for back home. And then there's some who return home feeling mentally dismembered. Luckily I have learned to conditioned myself away from these emotions. Sadly I came across a story that reminded me how prolong traveling, although one of the best experiences, can have a negative impact to the mind.

After Leanne Bearden returned from a 2 year around the world trip, she went off on a walk and never came home. Recently her body was found and the apparent cause was suicide from asphyxiation. 

Click here to read the story. 



Comments