2nd day in Cairo

I'm still adjusting to the time zone here. At 10 am, my body is ready to go to sleep.

I'm currently staying in Judy's apartment which is located in Maadi, an affluent surburb in Cairo. It's nice to finally stay at someone's place versus at a hostel with stinky backpackers. The only problem of staying at a friend's place, is that most likely the locations is rather far from the hub of the action, which can make guerrilla transport a logistical nightmare. I'm accustomed to walking out of a hostel and directly into a metro or bus stop. But that convenience is not readily available where I'm at. To get to the city center, I would have to fetch a taxi to the metro stop. The other option is to hire a personal driver that would take me somewhere and pick me up. I'm vying for the second option, but to call the driver I have to wait for the Vodaphone kiosk to open in order to purchase a prepaid sim card for my phone.

I'm so brain dead at the moment and can't think so here's my trip so far in pictures.





Comments