My Top 5 Summer Songs

Although the sunny weather in Southern California gives the illusion of an extended summer, it's the fact that I have started the Fall quarter of school and my second job that wakes me up to the reality that summer is officially over.

This is the first summer in the past few years where I decided to forego foreign travel. To fill the void I did my best to travel locally (sounds like a campaign slogan to help boost our economy!). Long road trips always entail hours of solitude and ass-sitting, as well as navigating foreignly domestic routes with paranoia.  Fortunately music helps make long transits more bearable and even pleasant. I was impressed by the bill of songs that were played over and over this summer. Especially when overshadowed by the repertoire of crappy summer pop.

Every summer radio DJs will gratuitously assign the title "song of the summer" to a song that is most likely overplayed during the months of June to August.  Therefore I have done the same with a list of my top 5 songs.

Here is the 2013's Funessa's Top 5 songs of Summer!

5. "Ways to Go" by Grouplove


4. "Sweater Weather" by The Neighborhood


3. "Harlem" by New Politics


2. "Safe and Sound" by Capital Cities



1. "Electric Feel" by MGMT


Congratulations MGMT for receiving the honorary #1 spot of the Funessa's top 5!

Do you have a favorite summer song?

Comments