Day 12: Still Lazying Around Kampala

Banda, the three-legged cat at Red Chilli Hostel

Baked beans on toast is a phenomenon
I don't usually like clubbing but Friday night was an exception. 11 of us hired a taxi van to a Kampalan club called Bubbles O'Leary's, which is an Irish pub. The name Bubbles conjures of images of Michael Jackson's chimpanzee or some cheezy cartoon character.

Before the club, I had a few shots, which help me got over my aversion toward clubs. Afters Bubbles, we headed to another Mazungo-filled (mazungo refers to foreigners in Africa) club called Iguana's. I was having a great time until too many people were dropping their beer bottles on the dance floor. A piece glass cut my leg. I grab some napkins from the bartended and went downstairs, hoping that my wound would stop bleeding.

I met an America bloke who has been working in Uganda for a year working with solar power. We spoke to each other like drunk idiots. I desperately needed a band-aid so I asked him I could go to his place to fetch one.

His western style apartment was a relief from the mud ridden streets. It was lovely to not walk around in a place where my shoes won't be covered in mud.

Comments

  1. Just found this gem hahah. Love the band-aid story haha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment