Day 7: Leaving Arusha for Kampala, 6/26/12


I went to the Kampala Coach ticket office for a ticket to Kampala. Robert said that the ticket would cost 40,000 shillings, 45 at the most. However my ticket cost me 60,000. That’s fine with me. I want to get out of Arusha. I really like this hostel, but it’s so far away from the city center, and there’s no decent restaurants or markets around. Plus, I’m the only guest, adding to some boredom.

After I got my bus ticket, I walked around near my hostel, looking for food. I couldn’t find any which added to my frustration. I went to a couple of places and tried to ask if they were serving food. I couldn’t get through the language barrier and gave up my quest to find food. Luckily I still have 2 bottles of Ensure left. That was my breakfast for the day.

So far the people here have been really nice and helpful. It’s normal for people to say hi to strangers as they walk by. I really would like to stay longer in Tanzania and get to know the surroundings, but the towns aren’t designed to cater backpackers.


Expenses:
Dalla dalla, 3 trips (local bus): 900 TS / .60 USD
Internet (30 mins): 1000 / .64
Bus ticket to Kampala: 60,000 / 38

TOTAL: 39.24 USD

Comments